About Me

My photo
Artist, bicyclist, husband, father.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

ARTIST BIO..


Shane Lees Artist Biography



Date of Birth
Born in 1972 to parents Laura and Calvin Lees, in Puyallup WA





EDUCATION
1992
A.A. Criminal Justice












Marital Status
I was married to my first wife in 1990 that ended in a divorce in 1995. Between the years of 1990 and 1995 my artistic inclinations were placed on hold. On New Year’s Eve 2000 I remarried to a wonderful woman named Jenny and she has been nothing but supportive of my art career.

Career
Commissioned and worked with Artist Alan Morrison to create public murals for the city of Centralia WA June 1995.

Commissioned by Hand Made Games (http://www.hmglarp.com) to illustrate gaming cards for their online roll playing game called Dark Confrontation (http://darkconfrontation.com) June 2008.
Commissioned by Dreamspinner Press (http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com) to illustrate book covers August 2008.
Publications
Storm The Castle
All About Drawing.Com
Artcotic

Memberships

Artist Statement

I grew up in Tacoma W.A. which was known for its foul smell called the “Aroma of Tacoma.” When I was 12 years old I created my first poster sized illustration of Conan the Barbarian. I had an overwhelming desire to draw. Many say that my illustrations combine a sense realism and fantasy while incorporating a unique style. My art really reflects my love for fantasy and Sci-Fi mediums. I love expressing my desire to look up into the sky and dream.

My profound passion for illustrating and creating art is only matched by my fundamental belief that all people are fully equal. I am convicted that everybody should have the same social justice, rights, and protections regardless of their race, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity. I donate my time and money to non-profit organizations that promote equality and social justice for everybody. I also think that it is important that people learn to think rationally and logically. So donate both my time and money to organizations that encourage natural world views and healthy skepticism.

No comments: